Bundled (Full Representation) Services for Plaintiffs: Fixed Fees Offered Case-By-Case Upon Intake Consult
Packages of Unbundled Services and Limited-Scope Representation for Plaintiffs:
Plaintiff Standard Package:
Price for Amount in Dispute:
$10,001-$25,000: Single Claim: $2,495; Multi-Claim: $3,995.
More Than $25,000 and Less Than $100,000: Single Claim: $3,995;
$100,000 or More: Single Claim: $pence 8,995; Multi-Claim: $14,995.
Standard Package for Above Includes (Subject to 1 Hour Per $250 In Dispute Time Cap):
1. Up to 45-Minutes Initial Phone Consultation and Debrief.
2. Review of Any Evidence Already in Your Possession and Appropriate Preliminary Legal Research.
3. Up to 30-Minutes Follow-Up Phone Conference with You Regarding My First Impression of the Merits of Your Case and Whether/How to Proceed. (At this stage, if I decline to proceed and actual time spent at my ordinary hourly rate is less than the fixed fee paid, you will be refunded the difference. After this stage, it is expected that (in like manner to insurance) I may earn more by fixed fee than hourly and this compensates for the degree of risk I assume that I may earn less, based on the time max/cap at my hourly rate far exceeding the fixed fee.)
4. If I Deem Your Case Tentatively Ethical (Per the Standards of the California Rules of Professional Responsibility) and Otherwise Reasonable in My Sole Discretion to Proceed With, Appropriate Demand Letter from Me to Other Party on Your Behalf Asserting Your Position Regarding the Factual Circumstances and Legal Conclusions Thereupon, an Opening Offer for Settlement, and Your Intention to Sue if Acceptable Settlement Not Reached; and Reasonable Pre-Filing Correspondence Elicited and/or Settlement Negotiations if Parties are Open to Settlement (Subject to Independent Up to 15 Minutes Per $500 in Dispute Time Cap).
5. If Pre-Filing Settlement Fails, Drafting, Filing with the Court on Your Behalf, and Arranging Required Service on Other Party* a Legal Complaint to Initiate the Lawsuit Detailing the Itemized Factual Allegations, Legal Claims Asserted, and Relief Requested from the Court, As Well as a Jury Demand if Desired (Subject to Court Filing Fees, Which Court Costs are Not Included).
6. Reviewing the Answer and Any Other Response from the Defendant When Served.
7. Drafting, Filing, and Arranging Service* of a Motion for Default Judgment on Your Behalf if the Defendant Does Not Timely Answer the Lawsuit.
8. Reviewing, Researching, and Drafting/Filing/Arranging Service* of a Written Resistance to Any Pre-Answer (or Concurrent with Answer) Defense Motion to Dismiss (if Filed by Defendant) When Served.
9. Up to 45-Minutes Follow-Up Phone Conference with You Regarding the Defendant’s Response(s) and Your Options and Next Steps for Proceeding with Me, Another Attorney, or Self-Represented.
Standard Package Does Not Include Discovery, Pretrial Motions, Any In-Court Conferences, Hearings, or Trials, or Responding to Any Counterclaims (if Any), Appellate Proceedings, or Proceedings to Collect on Any Court Judgment.
* (Fees of Third-Party Couriers/Service Agents Not Included, Though Will Use E-Filing System and/or US Mail to accomplish service where allowed by law, as typical for all pleadings after original notice).
Add-On Services (If Procedurally Permitted and Applicable to Case):
1. Drafting, Filing, and Arranging Service* of Your Answer (with Written Motion to Dismiss Where Appropriate) to Any Counterclaims Filed. $975.
2. Drafting, Filing, and Arranging Service* of Written Motion for Judgment of Liability on the Pleadings if Defendant Admits in Answer to All Elements of One or More Claim(s). $675.
3. Drafting, Filing, and Arranging Service* Written Motion for Discovery as Appropriate for Case and Procedural Rules Governing Amount in Dispute, Then Representing You in Requests for Production of Documents and/or Physical Evidence, Interrogatories, and Depositions (Expenses for In-Person Depositions Not Included), and in Responding to Discovery Requests or Discovery Motions from Defendant. Where Appropriate, Drafting/Filing/Arranging Service* of Motions to Compel Discovery Response Where Defendant Fails to Comply with Lawful Requests. As Appropriate, Third Party Investigators and Experts Can be Hired, but Their Fees Are Not Included; Discovery Services Subject to 7-Hour Time Cap. $1,475.
4. Drafting, Filing, and Arranging Service* of Written Motion In Limine (Request That the Court Rule Specific Evidence as Legally Admissible or Inadmissible Before Trial So That Any Complex Legal Issues Can Be Resolved Without Delaying or Prejudicing the Trial, and so Trial Strategy and Preparation Can Rely on the Court’s Decision).
$450 for Single Evidentiary Issue, $750 for Two Evidentiary Issues, and $950 for Three or More Evidentiary Issues.
5. Post-Discovery Settlement Conference with You and Opposing Party or Counsel if Parties Are Open to Entertaining Settlement (Subject to 3-Hour Time Cap). $475.
6. Drafting, Filing, and Arranging Service* of Written Motion for Summary Judgment Upon Completion of Discovery Where Evidence is Sufficiently Overwhelming as to Meet Standard for Summary Judgment on Liability, and/or Written Resistance to Any Defense Motion for Summary Judgment of Non-Liability if Filed by Defendant When Served. $975.
7. Drafting, Filing, and Arranging Service* of Written Motion for Continuance to Reschedule Trial or Hearing Where Court Sets Trial Date That Would Cause You Undue Hardship or Leave Inadequate Time to Prepare Case. $175.
8. Drafting, Filing, and Arranging Service* of Trial Brief Arguing Most Favorable Legal Interpretation of the Laws Governing What Disputed Facts You Must Prove to Prevail on Claims and What Relief That
Would Entitle You to (If Jury Trial, Appended with Proposed Jury Instructions Thereupon). $900 if Bench Trial; $1,450 if Jury Trial.
9. Written Outline of Your Best Arguments at Trial, List of Questions to Ask Your Witnesses (if Any Other than You) on Direct, Statements to Make as Witness, Anticipated Cross-Examination Issues and Strategies, General Trial Procedures, and Explanation of Common Types of Evidentiary Objections (For Use Preparing for Trial as Self-Represented Litigant). $750.
10. Appeal to California Court of Appeal :
If Appellant: Draft/File/Arrange Service* of Motions to Reconsider as Needed to Preserve Issues, Motion to Transcribe, Notice of Appeal, and Appellant Brief(s). Review any Appellee Brief(s) and Decision by Court, with up to 30-Minute Post-Appeal Phone Conference to Answer Questions. Excludes Expenses for Attending any In-Person Oral Argument if Requested by the Court, and Excludes any Proceedings if/after Remanded. $7,000-$9,500 (Plus Expenses and Court Costs) Depending on Complexity of Issues.
If Appellee: Review Appellant Filings/Brief, Respond by Drafting/Filing/Arranging Service* of Appellee Brief, then Review Decision by Court, with up to 30-Minute Post-Appeal Phone Conference to Answer Questions. Excludes Expenses for Attending any In-Person Oral Argument if Requested by the Court, and Excludes any Proceedings if/after Remanded. $3,500-$5,000 Depending on Complexity of Issues (Plus Expenses and Court Costs).
Defendant Limited-Scope Representation Fixed Fees, Where Offered, Determined Upon Intake Consult.
Limited-Scope Representation (Written and Telephonic Correspondence Only) in Pursuing an Administrative Complaint, Which Sometimes Can Be Required to Have Been Exhausted in Order to Sue in Court Later.
If a business acts unlawfully or fraudulently in a consumer dispute, the first and most practical step may be to complain to the CDoCA and/or CFPB where in their jurisdiction.
Submission of a complaint regarding any police misconduct you may have witnessed or been victimized by to the offending officer's law enforcement agency, which typically will be investigated internally by that Department's command staff or sometimes a civilian oversight board depending on the agency. Includes Initial Complaint Letter and Reasonable Written and/or Telephonic Follow-Up Correspondence.
Where police actions have violated your Federal and/or California legal rights, a complaint may be filed with the Department of Justice at the corresponding government, which may investigate and pursue the matter at its discretion. Includes Initial Complaint Letter and Reasonable Written and/or Telephonic Follow-Up Correspondence.
No attorney-client relationship is formed by using this website or prior to (unless and until) a written representation or unbundled service agreement is executed. Please do not send any information or materials that you wish to remain confidential and/or subject to any privilege to any attorney through this site until you have been approved for an intake and new client consultation, at which point requested information will be treated consistent with the rules of professional responsibility pertaining to prospective clients. The Rules and Privileges for Current and then Former Clients will only attach if and when a written representation or unbundled service agreement has been executed.
All online payments collected by this office for deposits towards unearned prospective fees and costs will be via the LawPay Clearinghouse and will be deposited into a Client Interest on Lawyer Trust Account (IOLTA), where it will remain sequestered until the fee is earned and/or the expenses are incurred per the terms of the service agreement (hourly fees are earned as those hours are spent, even if the matter is ongoing; fixed fees are not earned until the work is complete or the fee is forfeited due to client-initiated termination of the attorney-client relationship or cancellation after substantial work has been performed or I have made reasonable reliance to my detriment, or due to service agreement prohibited client insistence on some action or inaction that I reasonably deem to violate the law or the California Rules of Professional Conduct. Net Interest Proceeds from Funds in an IOLTA are donated to a state fund to sponsor legal aid for indigent persons. Payments for services that do not need to be scheduled to a fixed timeslot may alternatively be made by check or money order, which would be deposited into the Client IOLTA account similarly. All Rates and Prices Quoted on this Website Must Be the Net Receipt into the IOLTA and Do Not Include Third-Party Clearinghouse Processing Fees For the Method of Payment Used, If Any. Those Fees Should Be Treated as an Immediately Incurred and Nonrefundable Expense, Not an Attorney Fee.